Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Vardzia. Lost.

After visit to Cave Monastery I still had time. From the Lonely Planet and bill-board at the road I found that some Swiss Organization marked several hiking routes. So I chose one to Upper Vardzia 6 km long with expected time 1 hour 55 minutes. (It is famous Swiss accuracy))). Starting point I found with the help of local teenagers, because sign was hidden behind of high road curb. After that it was easy to follow the arrows:



But when I come to such a sign I was confused a little bit.



After searching around I found I was not the first traveler lost here.



I paid respect to Unknown Tourist and continued to climb up the mountain.







When I came down to the valley I discovered colony of sea-gulls. Local people said they come to Vardzia every summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment